Sunday, December 9, 2012

Do It Yourself Christmas Gifts

Our money saving plan for Christmas this year involved creating DIY gifts--so I did some web-research and came up with a great family-friendly idea.  The kids and I made "Chocolate Christmas Gifts" and they plan to give them to their teachers, friends, and family too!  I feared DIY gifts would be fun but not necessarily cheaper in the long run.  So my cost-comparison standard was a hot chocolate pre-made gift package in the Walmart aisle for $10.  If I could make them at home for less than that, then we would in fact be saving.  All ingredients purchased (with a few I already had in stock at home) was a total of about $28.  Divided into 8 gifts, that totals about $3.50 per gift!  And they're not only yummy, but super cute too!  (Yes--we tested out the yummy part....)

Hot Cocoa Mix



Chocolate-Nutella Spoons



Chocolate Marshmallow Sticks



Chocolate Candy Canes


all in a cute Christmas mug package


No comments:

Post a Comment